simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Thursday 27 February 2014

Selling your crap

Last year when I had the idea to cull my crap and set myself the challenge of not buying anything new for a year I had a bit of a freak out, I wanted to hold onto stuff because a year is a long time, but that wouldn't be culling my crap would it!

Over the past few months I have been slowly sorting through my junk, slowly assessing what I have, what I need and what I need to cull. Some of my junk items made it's  way back down into the garage (which was clean at the start of the year I swear!) so this past few weeks I have made it my mission to get rid of it all by selling it online.

The easiest way of getting rid of stuff is through Gumtree.com.au, there is loads of trash and treasure on there, the best part is if it's something large and hard to get to the tip you can put a low price on it and it will get swooped up for sure, you don't even need to lift a finger! They even have an app now so you can walk around your house take a picture and post the add straight away!

Good old eBay is another avenue for culling your crap. There is a great chance if getting rid of quality items for good prices. There is a big market for second hand clothing on eBay, I have sold heaps of dresses on eBay and made quite a bit of pocket money.

The Tender Centre is another great way of selling items, it's set up as a blind auction and you find out at the end of the week if your reserve is met.

You would be surprised what sort of cash you can make with those useless items collecting dust and wasting space.

And remember this Sunday it's Clean up Australia Day! Find a site near you online or register your own and join in to help clean up your local area. Last year 550,300 volunteers removed over 16,000 tones of rubbish across the country. This year we can top that!



Keep it simple  

1 comment:

  1. We love eBay, especially playing the 99c lottery :-)

    And we also enjoy FreeCycle as well. It is great to give stuff away to people who want it, and are willing to come and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete