simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Thursday 13 February 2014

Don't trust the Pink Bag

I love to donate unwanted clothes or household items to charity, it's a perfect way to de-clutter the home and your life. But did you ever think where your donations are going?

Most households around the Gold Coast receive a pink bag in their letter box every 6 months or less. This pink bag has printed on it "we need your help".  It looks like a great idea, they come to your house pick up the bag or any other items on a specific day and imply they are given to the less fortunate. Well actually this is not entirely true...

Your major large Australian charities could be suffering because in fact your donations are being shipped overseas to Papa New Guinea or Asia and sold for a profit. These businesses are not helping less fortunate Australians and the business people running the show are not giving back to the community as the large Australian charities are known for. I noticed they do however seem to cover their butts in the fine print on the bag stating that they are a commercial company.

Next time you go to donate ask where your items are going, even ask how they spend any profits. It would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Now I can't tell you what to do here but I know where I would prefer my donations to go.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter in the contact box.

Remember to subscribe in the box above with your email address and follow me on Instagram.

Stay simple





No comments:

Post a Comment