simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Thursday 30 January 2014

Suited to Success

Most people tend to set them self a New Years resolution, some stick some don't. At least you might get one or two tasks done that you have been meaning to do. It might be to have a spring clean or to finish painting. These where both put on my list, along with not buying anything new for a year!

A good friend in Canberra mentioned to me last year that she was doing a clothes collection at work where people could donate their old unwanted work clothes to charity called Fitted to Work which specifically target individuals looking or applying for work, which sets them apart from your general  charities like Vinnies or an Op shop.

Similar charities to Canberra based Fitted to Work can be found all over Australia. The closest one to me  Suited to Success  in Brisbane is a not for profit organisation that helps the less fortunate enter into the workforce. They have trained staff that can provide the perfect outfit for the first interview, even help with a resume or go over what may be discussed in an interview.

We all have a few skirts, suits or shirts that we don't like anymore or don't fit us anymore. Most of us also try and do a clean out once a year (or maybe more if we are good minimalists).

A Suited to Success drive is a great way to de-clutter your wardrobe and it makes you feel great because it's going to a good cause. Suited to Success also collects handbags and shoes that are in good condition.



If you would like read more on my minimalist journey check out Cull the Crap if you would like to donate and you are on the Gold Coast Queensland email me through the feedback form for more information.

Also check out and follow my Instagram Page

And please subscribe to Cull the Crap to receive bi-weekly updates on how my resolutions are traveling.

Stay simple.

1 comment:

  1. I remember hearing about these types of organisations years ago, but I totally forgot about it. It is such a great cause.

    I will definitely keep it in mind if I declutter more clothes, although I am down to quite minimal now.

    ReplyDelete