simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Friday 8 November 2013

What about the knickers?

There are a few people who have asked me "what does it include" "can you buy food" and "what about undies" so I have researched around on a few sites few sites like - buynothingnew.com & taken things from a few greeny books I've read and come up with my set of rules.

I can buy food.
I can buy medication.
I can buy hygiene products.
I can borrow.
I can swap.
I can shop second hand.
I can DIY.

I can't buy anything new. No new phones, no new electronics, clothes, no new books. Nothing new.

I can still go and do fun activities and continue to shop at local food markets and restaurants. I have grown to believe in keeping these things local and avoiding Coles and woollies as much as possible.

The aim of the game for me is knowing that I don't need new "things" and "stuff" to make me happy, save money and do my bit to not contribute to the mass amounts of clothes, electronics and general crap that goes into landfill every year.  Not to mention the carbon footprint it all creates.

I will revisit these subjects more during the blog.

So during the next month and a bit I will keep you guys updated on how I plan to do prepare myself for the next year and things I learn along the way.

Remember to subscribe :)

1 comment: