simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Thursday 7 November 2013

Today is the day

Welcome to my blog



Cull the crap is a blog dedicated to my upcoming New Years resolution and making small changes to have a more  minimal lifestyle.



After moving out of home I discovered that living with out a TV isn't actually that hard. Firstly it started with being to lazy and poor to buy a TV and now it has turned to a choice. It cuts the materialistic adverts and gives me so much more time. I would imagine if I had TV I would form  a relationship with it and consume far more chocolate than I already do. Which I do not need!



I decided that I wanted to set myself a challenge quite some time ago but have never worked up the balls to. I figured with the upcoming new year what better time to make a resolution.

Yesterday I deactivated my facebook account and god it felt good. Beforehand I found myself getting stressed scrolling down the pages and ensuing that I would see all the posts before I had to get back to work or get dressed to go out. I must admit the first day was hard, I did think "I wonder whats on facebook" whilst showering this morning. But I'm OK now.



So here is my pledge as of 1 January I am going to not buy anything new for a year and cull the crap! Subscribe on the right of the page and follow me on my journey and you never know I might inspire you to cull some of your crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment