simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Monday 16 December 2013

Click to unsubscribe

When I check my emails each morning there is always something interesting to look at! 
2 for 1 hot air balloon rides, Egyptian cotton towels on sale, robot vacuums for the price of normal vacuums, signing petitions to save our broadband internet, what Miley Cyrus did on the weekend, cute pictures of kittens, petitions to save our kittens from hot air ballon rides! Before I know it it's 9.30am and I need to get some work done.... and drink more coffee.

Now I do love the idea of online mail, online catalogues and online shopping for its obvious tree saving reasons however the amount of pages and sites I subscribe to in one year is amazing and a waste of my time. Each year I try and make it a New Years ritual to unsubscribe to all the email junk I receive. I guess this year it's more important. 

As I said in my 'No Junk Mail' entry you do not need encouragement to purchase more things that you don't need just because it's a good deal. 

Time is also one of the most valuable things in life, we are always striving to beat a deadline to get more things done to get more things out of life and we always need more of this fundamental thing....... Time. So why waste it on things you don't need and people that don't matter. Not to mention I have found the mornings have been my most productive hours of the day, I'm full of breakfast and coffee and nothing crap has happened yet!

So I took the time to unsubscribe, to everything, yep everything. 

Emails is not the only place this accumulation of junk occurs, places like Instagram and Facebook are culprits too. I un-followed every fashion and shopping page on Instagram so I'm not tempted to buy anything. In replacement I started finding second hand sellers and vintage fashion pages, also things that make me happy like food and music and my favourite minimalist bloggers hehe 

Now I want to make this clear I'm not asking you to unsubscribe to this blog, or everything that pops into your inbox, just be mindful of what you have subscribed to and keep it important and...

Stay simple

No comments:

Post a Comment